Easy Peesy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should work fine, James, since you want to introduce O2 into the must during primary fermentation.

How long dose fermentation usually take? Around a week? My fermentation seems to be going a little slow, probably due to the acid content, but the daily hydrometer reading seem a bit much. I feel like I'm wasting my pee.

It's your wine, James. If you don't feel the need to check it daily, then do what makes you comfortable. It should drop about 0.010 each day for a week, then it will be done. Good luck!

Well I'm late to the party as usual but I just did my first Easy Peesy! While I was making my 2 gallon batch I noticed that there was no campden/k-meta. So if this is the case why do I need to wait 12-24 hours. My must is at 75° now... couldnt I just pitch the yeast?

Dave, I think I may be your biggest fan now as I will be starting one batch of all your recipes (DB, Dragonette, etc.) Over the next few weeks. Thank you for all your amazing and immensely educational posts and threads. The bentonite v. Sparkelloid was actually a page turner!
Thanks again!!

Last edited:
the pectin enzyme breaks down the fruit, which is absorbed by the yeast easier if broken down before you pitch your yeast.
your campden inhibits wild yeast from growing and bacteria, i dont think its needed much in the fermenting phase, but definitely after.

Latest posts

Back