Mosti Mondiale Dry White recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack on Rainy

Reaction score
Howdy all!

I am looking for a few ideas for a dry white kit. I have made WE French
Chardonnay, and Australian Verdelho as well as the MM Chardillon. The
MM is the best wine but still not as dry as we would like.

Any recommendations?

Just curious, did you like the MM Chardillon better than the WE French Chardonnay?

Trub,

I think I do like the Chardillon better but it is too early to tell.
The WE F chard is about nine months old and the MM Chardillon is 6
months so both should improve with age. But I think there is more
complexity to the MM. I also tried the Buttery chard technique with it.
They are very different.

Jack, I've been in search of the perfect white (at least perfect for my tastes). To date, the best white I've done is the WE Italian Verodicchio. This may have been a LE kit as I don't see it on FVW's list. I personally want a light, crisp, dry white wine and I have yet to find what I want. The MM Pinot Gregio is good, I'm fixin' to bottle a MM Soave, and I have a WE Chenin Blanc clearing. I'll let you know about these wines but I'll be interested to hear your and other peoples recommendations.

I make red wines to age and hopefully be special.Food tastes better with a glass of good red wine. I make my whites for volume drinking in the summer time. When the weather is hot(8 months of the year in south AL)the wife and I enjoy a couple of glasses of chilled white in the evening.

James, thanks for your input.

It sounds like we have similar thoughts on wine consumption. I like the
whites more in summer than winter and agree with "food tastes better
with a glass of red wine". And, we mostly drink reds in winter.

The
reds we are making are not ready yet; they need more time for sure. But
even with more time, I'm a little worried about KT with sweetness
up front. That sweetness is there in our WE whites but not so much in
the MM. And, somehow I find it less offensive in the whites than reds.
So I am drinking a little more white this winter
smiley2.gif

Edited by: Jack on Rainy

I honestly have not picked up on kt with the whites. I have with the reds but I do agree with others that it will age out.

I'm steadly doing reds but I'm determined to age them a year. I have been doing the more expensive kits and will probably at least stick with kits that are all juice, whether they are the most expensive kits or not.

Good luck and keep me posted if you find the perfect white and I will do the same.

JamesEdited by: James

James,

I ordered the MM AJ Trebbiano and Sauv blanc kits yesterday. Looks liuke summer of 09 for those....

Latest posts

Back