Drought In North East Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was CO1 that was the problem. So if I plant more grape vines to convert CO2 to oxygen then that would mean that I would have more grapes to ferment, adding more CO2.
smiley24.gif

According to this show carbon dioxide is the main threat to the warming of the earth due to it's blanket effect holding in the heat. Methane is also an issue and what I have read it holds heat 21-23 times better than CO2.
Plant enough trees/vines to compensate for the CO2 emissions you are producing and eat a cow since each one emits 200 to 400 quarts of methane gas per day, or 50 million metric tons per year.

masta said:
eat a cow since each one emits 200 to 400 quarts of methane gas per day, or 50 million metric tons per year.

Gonna need more Mojo sauce.............
smiley36.gif

We always had a lake house up there growing up. Amazing. Lake Lavon is really down too. Also, when we went to Tulsa, OK, for ballet camp (my daughter, not me
smiley36.gif
), the Arkansas river, which is huge, was so low, you could walk on the sandy soil, all the way across.

Angell Wine said:

Interesting map...
Looks like we are in the same drought situation up here in Northwest Minnesota....
I am kind of praying for hail to put our corn and soybean crops out of their misery....
Been spending the summer dragging hoses here-there-and-everywhere...kind of a question of what needs water first....just trying to save the pretty things and the veggies....so it goes.
smiley5.gif

Monday: just 3 1/2 miles down the road from me, they got a 1 1/2 of rain. Me;1 1/2 drops. God I just love texas this time of year !
smiley29.gif
Edited by: Angell Wine

Angell Wine said:
Monday: just 3 1/2 miles down the road from me, they got a 1 1/2 of rain. Me;1 1/2 drops.
Steve,
Maybe you should move down the road a bit!
smiley2.gif

Here's wishing you some rain!

We got 3/10ths" yesterday, that is a major rain event for us up here....still dragging hoses today...
smiley19.gif

We have a 50% chance of rain Tomorrow, That means there's a chance it will rain somewhere else.

Latest posts

Back