Other Dreaming LE kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockabout

Reaction score
So what wines would you like to see as le / rq kits if you could choose any wine at all?
I'd love to see a lemberger, a dolcetto, and a semillion!

Anyone else?

I'd like to see a Norton kit. Maybe a kit with grapes sourced from Israel.

I would like to see a Cellar Craft ,Eclipse and En Primeur Limited Edition kits . I know that this is not what you were asking but this is my dream .

Petite Sirah?

Edit: I just like to see things that are a little 'out of the norm' as far as kits go. For example, Cellar Craft really failed this year (IMHO). Their 'special offerings' include kits that I can go out and buy any day of the year - Pinot Noir, "Volcanic Red" (a chilean cab/carm/merlot), a "Brunello Style" and a Pinot Gris. The only unique offering they have is a Petite Verdot. This is the case with all the major manufacturers. They'll offer several LE's, with all but 1 or two being varietals/blends that you can get any time. When I buy a limited edition, I want it to be something special.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them priced less than $100!

I'll go the other way and say I would like to see LE kits that are on a whole other level of goodness compared to every other kit on the market. I wouldn't even care if it meant they were the most expensive kits.

There are plenty of cheaper kits on the market, but I think the LEs should be something special.

This:

I would like to see a Cellar Craft ,Eclipse and En Primeur Limited Edition kits . I know that this is not what you were asking but this is my dream .

This:

Petite Sirah?

This:

I would like to see LE kits that are on a whole other level of goodness compared to every other kit on the market. I wouldn't even care if it meant they were the most expensive kits.

There are plenty of cheaper kits on the market, but I think the LEs should be something special.

This:

I agree with Jim, I will pay a bit more for something really unique. And I want the reds to have skins and premium oak at the premium price.

It was a bit of a let down yesterday when my first LE/RQ of the year arrived and I set it next to the other kits I have on deck. At 16 liters, it's the runt of the litter compared to the Winery Series, En Primeur, and Eclipse kits it's parked next to. They could start by making all the LE/RQ kits 18 liters.:ft

I thought the WE LE's were 18L or 18L including skins if included?

The RQ's may only be 16L but the most reds do have dried skins and are usually very good, Shiraz/Voingier, Cabernet Sauvignon - Chilean Style, Austrailia Down Under, Piazza -Italy (white), Hang Ten - California, Trek - Chile come to mind. I sad to say i only have the first 2 remaining.

cheers

Exactly , I would like them to be the best you can make . Last year's KenRidge Australian Shiraz Grenache went down the drain . Instead of a big red it was a rose . :po

For me the very term "limited" means it should be better quality than anything available in the normal kit market. It should be 18 litres even with a grape pack. I don't so much look at what blends or varietals I can purchase commercially as what I can't find in a kit offered everyday. I like unique varietals such as the Mencia offered by Cellar Craft several years ago. I also look at locations you can't find in normal kits such as the ones from Oregon the last two years: Pinot Gris from Kenridge and the Pinot Noir from Winexpert.

I agree overall the limited editions the last couple of years have been underwhelming. As you and others stated , I would like to try a Lemberger, Dornfelder and docetto. I also would like to see the Mencia offered again.

I will say I'm very much looking forward to the Italian Aglianico I ordered. I tried a commercial one a few weeks back and enjoyed it immensely.

I will say I'm very much looking forward to the Italian Aglianico I ordered. I tried a commercial one a few weeks back and enjoyed it immensely.

Out of all the LE/RQ's that I ordered, this one is the only one I'm really enthused about..

Back