Dragon's blood sure does look pretty

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinard

Reaction score
It is nice to just look at. My first batch. For some reason my sg got lower than other wines, ~ .984 - .986. And, it did not require hardly any degassing. Anyone know why this would be?

20180412_095415.jpg

Last edited:
looks like you did very well. I made some that was too sweet. like Kool-Aid How does it taste?
As far as degasing goes it is all a big funny mystery to me. It should be dry though. What was the starting SG?

Low gravity, time of the moon, how you held your mouth when mixing, Maybe the wine gremlins were helping, wanting to get the best abv. possible. Sometimes things just happen. Looks like about ready to rack and let it sit for a bit. Sweeten it up just a little bit and let us know how it tastes. Should be fine light summer drinkin. Arne.

looks like you did very well. I made some that was too sweet. like Kool-Aid How does it taste?
As far as degasing goes it is all a big funny mystery to me. It should be dry though. What was the starting SG?

The starting SG was 1.09. It is decent tasting now but isn't meant to be so dry, imo. I added a touch of sugar to a sample from the primary and it was good. I think it will taste very nice after backsweetening and sitting for a month or two. It will make a nice summer drink, but I need to get another batch of skeeter going too. The batch I bottled in February "to drink this summer" is dwindling much faster than I thought it would. I'm starting to think that the so-called "summer drinks" is a metaphor for drinks that most people want to drink year round. :h

Just remember to stabilize it before you sweeten. If you don't get the yeast stopped there are a few not very nice thing that can happen with your wine. Mostly wine trying to excape from the bottle when you get a referment. Arne.

Back