Disease identification

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blumentopferde

Reaction score
After long absence in my vineyard (I had to work for exams) some of my vines had symptoms I've never seen before.

Interestingly only old vines were affected and neighbouring younger vines weren't. So I guess that it is not a nutrient deficiency.

The leaves would be small, wrinkly and have a yellowish color in between their "fingers", but see yourself:

Anyone who's got an idea what that could be?

Last edited:
The first set looks more like weedkiller damage. The second looks like it could be PM, but honestly I don't have time for the huge photos to load, only to have them shrink back. Try uploading a bit smaller pictures. I have 30 mb/s speed and can't stand to wait a minute for each picture.

Sorry, didn't think about that. I've uploaded smaller pictures now!

Glyphosate damage could be possible. I used glyphosate last year, didn't use it this year though...

What makes me suspicious are the white "veils" at the growing tip. Maybe some kind of mites? Or even glyphosate damage plus mites?!
EDIT: Or glyphosate damage plus powdery mildew!

The first series does look more like glyphosate injury. I didn't know it could manifest itself the year after application.

The second series has me leaning more now towars mites because of the reddish hue to the leaves. Take a lens and look for mites on the underside. Doesn't look like powdery from the new pictures.

Let's see what others think.

Latest posts

Back