Diluting wine with grape juice???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe a lot of people on the forum do this. Be sure to stabilize the wine with K-meta and K-sorbate before adding the juice to prevent re-fermentation.

If you want it much sweeter you may want to add some concentrated so as not to dilute the wine too much to get the sweetness you want.

I use Welches concentrate to back sweeten frequently. More to raise to a desired sweetness and to add flavor. If you like the flavor before back sweetening,, be aware concentrate is going to change flavor more than a juice or even a sugar/water addition (which will add sweetness without additional flavorings).

As Long as you are stable as Rocky mentioned and your intention is to reduce alcohol content whatever you use is just a proportional dilution to your initial finished ABV. Formula available if you want (email easier) as it is in an Excel file (with examples). :c

I'd be careful going below 10% ABV, unless you plan to drink it all up very young or you plan to preserve it more heavily.

I suggest drinking it all up as soon as possible. :sm

Back