Did I goof?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursejohn

Reaction score
I just started a batch of Mosti grapefruit blush. I am still a newbie and wonder if I goofed. I made the yeast starter per the instructions in the kit and added it, but forgot to check the temperature of the must. It was 84 degrees F. The instructions call for 70-76. Did I goof or will it be OK. Thanks for any advice.

Was is Lalvin EC1118? If so you should be ok since its high end temp is 95 and it is a pretty durable strain. Just keep an eye on it and I'll bet you check next time.
VPC

Yes, itwas EC1118, and yes you're right, I'll surely check next time. Thanks for helping out, I feel a lot better about this now.

Wade and vcasey, once again, thanks for the help. Racked that wine to a carboy today, the SG was exactly where is was supposed to be. Smells great. I appreciate you helpiing me.

Its what we do here!
smiley2.gif

I am glad it it worked out all right for you. Hope it continues and you are able to enjoy what sounds like a very nice summer wine.
VPC

Latest posts

Back