Degassers: Wine Wand vs. Mix-Stir vs. Fizz-X

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Reaction score
I'm about to order myself a degasser/stirrer. I'm considering the Wine Wand, the Mix-Stir, and the Fizz-X (stainless steel shaft models where available). All seem like good tools, but I have to pick one.

Those of you who have first-hand knowledge of any or all, please offer your opinion.

Thanks,

Chopper

Wine Wand by Winexpert
here's a third choice and my favorite.
Ask George.

Just another toy .... I mean useful tool
smiley20.gif

I use the Fizz-X but until now have never seen the Wine wand but looks like it would break fast to me but we'll see I guess.

Get the metal shaftwand with detachable paddles. The plastic shaft onestends to break. Just from my experience.

tepe said:
Get the metal shaftwand with detachable paddles. The plastic shaft onestends to break. Just from my experience.</font>

I assume you're referring to the Mix-Stir product?

I assume you're referring to the Mix-Stir product?
[/QUOTE]

Yes. They go under a few different names. I bought the plastic shaft one and it broke. So pay a little more so you don't have to buy it again. The paddles are also replaceable.

Wade and NEBama,

Are you satisfied with your Fizz-X as a mixer, as well as a degasser?

Thanks,

Chopper

Yes I'm very satisfied the stainless shaft and uhmw stirring arms are a snap to clean and virtually indestructable.AL
smiley20.gif

Here is what I use. The one on the bottom SS w/removeable paddles the one on the top will break where the metal shaft goes into the plastic.

<CENTER>
<H1>

</H1></CENTER>

untitled.jpg

I believe this is the one tepe is referring to. It is available in both stainless and plastic shafts..

Yep thats the one just SS
I guess the picture didnt come out
smiley19.gif

I think WORTH mentioning; the Plastic Shaft One works GREAT when used to mix/stir/degass wine or like kind liquids.
It has been reported to not last long when used for a pry bar, step stool, or to knock holes in the bottoms of glass carboys.
smiley20.gif

Latest posts

Back