RJ Spagnols Date code

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
Vino del Vida wht. zin << this is the first kit I have done . I did some research about the date code on box . I bought mine the last week in Feb . The date code on box says 20090504 , Should this wine turn out good seeing it has been sitting in box for almost 2 yrs before being made . Also should I have gotten a discount on kit seeing it was that old .

Its a little over what they say the kits will last from what Ive read here from Cpfan I believe. Im pretty sure he stated that 18 months and highly concentrated kits like this and the less they are concentrated the shorter the length that the kits expiration date can be. Personally I do think they should have been discounting this kit a little. This is why I suggest buying from places that have a high turn around like the retailers in our banners above. Kits dont sit on their shelves long and when they do they do Discount them and discontinue selling them.

Thx Wade , I am going to the place I bought this kit from tomorrow and bring the box also , going to have a lil chat with them about this . If they dont give me a refund of something I will walk out the door no longer dealing with them and order my things through a good source from here .

Jeff

Thx Wade , I am going to the place I bought this kit from tomorrow and bring the box also , going to have a lil chat with them about this . If they dont give me a refund of something I will walk out the door no longer dealing with them and order my things through a good source from here .

Jeff

Jeff, before going back to the store write down all of the information about the product; date, serial number, etc.
If your retailer doesn't take it back don't even bother arguing with them. Go back home and just email RJ Spagnols with the information. If they are anything like Winexpert you'll have resolution real fast. My guess is though it won't get to this point and the retailer will take care of you.

Well just got back from my LHBS , everything worked out . I got a 6 gallon carboy , floating thermometer , Lrg funnel w/ screen , paddle and spoon , stick on thermo strips two , and some yeast packets assortment . This all came to 90 bucks , but owner hooked me up 60 bucks even , also said if I am unhappy with the final results of my wht zin kit he will give me my next kit 1/2 price my choice of any kit in store . So I`m a happy camper righ now .

Now that is a good suppiler, stay with him but just watch date codes so you can ask him for the deal before purchasing.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a kit that old at a discount, but it seems like you got a good deal in the end so good job!

Thats great to hear everything worked out for you, the store owner I used to deal with would have told me to get out of her store.

And thats why you "Used" to deal with her!!! Customer service is whats its all about and the vendors above are all that and there are a few here and there that do it to but usually far and between.

I will praise their customer service , but being the only LHBS nearby they are a little pricey , but hey livin in the big city ya pay the price .

Back