Cranberry skeeter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Cranberry season coming soon and I've got lots in the freezer from last year. Thinking of a cranberry skeeter pee. Anyone try this, cranberries are awful tart not sure how to go about this

Cranberry season coming soon and I've got lots in the freezer from last year. Thinking of a cranberry skeeter pee. Anyone try this, cranberries are awful tart not sure how to go about this

Well, lemons are pretty tart, also, but that turns out nice! The cranberries also will add some body and though I haven't tried cranberries in SP, it sounds quite nice.

I add craisins to some of the red summer wine kits I make. It helps with body and over all taste.

Well, lemons are pretty tart, also, but that turns out nice! The cranberries also will add some body and though I haven't tried cranberries in SP, it sounds quite nice.

I add craisins to some of the red summer wine kits I make. It helps with body and over all taste.

Try mixing some str4aight SP with some cranberry juice. That should help you better determine how it will taste fermented.

robie said:
Try mixing some str4aight SP with some cranberry juice. That should help you better determine how it will taste fermented.

I'll definitely try something, trying to gather info and my thoughts.probably start up something next weekend....oops the following weekend since that's Labor Day .I'll post my recipe and updates then..thanx

A cranberry lime skeeter pee is awesome. I've made it a few times but not from fruit. I used concentrate. It goes way too fast.

Pety, I make a Cranberry SP every year, it's great! We make Cranberry Wine right after Thanksgiving for the following year & use the lees to make the Cranberry SP. this year we did a cranberry/lemon/lime SP, very good also, probably are new favorite. I also left a little fermenting wine on the lees, for the SP starter, this gave use more cranberry flavor, also topped off cranberry juice to increase flavor. Roy

FTC Wines said:
Pety, I make a Cranberry SP every year, it's great! We make Cranberry Wine right after Thanksgiving for the following year & use the lees to make the Cranberry SP. this year we did a cranberry/lemon/lime SP, very good also, probably are new favorite. I also left a little fermenting wine on the lees, for the SP starter, this gave use more cranberry flavor, also topped off cranberry juice to increase flavor. Roy

Roy, do you use 6# of cranberries and pretty much follow the normal recipe,using lemon and lime juice? That's how I was figuring on doing it.

Petey I fallow lon"s recipe and add three 12oz bags of crushed cranberries. Adds a nice light cranberry flavor.

John

Latest posts

Back