Correct bottle type for a riesling???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the bottles were traditionally brown or green, depending on what region the wine was from.

Ok Phelpsmeister this is your first post and you already started a battle!

:) welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about yourself and what you've made and are making.

Thanks all! I have lurked for a year or so....I thought I had posted in the past but guess not!

I am going to go with a brown/green hock bottle.

I'll post a noob post in the welcome forum.

I prefer my riesling bottles empty! (meaning I just emptied it of course).

Joking aside, I bottled my last riesling in amber hock bottles, looks pretty nice, but most folks don't care as long as you're giving them some. I just happened to have enough empties that were mostly the same color and size, or close enough. A lot of whites are in lighter color to clear bottles just to show off their clarity.

Bottom line is, my wine goes in whatever I have enough bottles of regardless of color or type. I try to keep reds in green bottles.
Even though I like both Reisling & Gewurztraminer, I can't be bothered to keep a supply of hock bottles on hand. I just use clear bordeaux bottles for all whites and blushes.

Steve

Latest posts

Back