Cork In My Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pepere, if you are of need of an assistant, with these bottles, I will be more than happy to help inspect and clear the cork particles from it's container.

George, glad your coming back from the bug! Yet, additional rest could help you from getting it back again! Rest and lots of "liquids"?!?!

I have been drinking lots of liquids. Unfortunately, the liquids have been the non-alcoholic variety.

George! You need the alcohol to kill the germs!
smiley34.gif
Get well soon!

George, glad you are feeling better. I am now toting a bottle of Zicam with me these days. Three times now I have felt the onset symptoms of the flu and immediately began taking the Zicam and so far it has worked great.

I am also firm believer in ZICAM, it is amazing stuff...we use the gel, as soon as you even think you might be getting a cold you put some in your nose...it works great....they also have nasal swabs and other products to keep a cold at bay...

I didn't know that Waldo had a paper route!!
now i know why he makes so much wine.

I am going to cork about 2 gallons and I read someware that with a hand corker on # 9 bottles that you shoulc use # 8 corks with a hand corker.
Any advice this a first for me Thanks

Bill said:
I am going to cork about 2 gallons and I read someware that with a hand corker on # 9 bottles that you shoulc use # 8 corks with a hand corker.
Any advice this a first for me  Thanks

We have had no problems using a Gilda Hand Corker with #8 corks...just can't use the bottles with flange tops with it.

We do the job together, I center the corker on the bottle top and Jim does the job...rarely have any trouble.

Med Pretzel said she could use it by herself...she said she missed her hand corker when she got rid of it.

I have the Portugeuse dble lever hand corker and never noticed the difference between 750's and 375's. All I use is 9's.

Edited by: wade

med pretzel,wade,wino and all
Thanks for the advice on the hand corker
i will put an order for it.
Thanks
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back