conical fermenters?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure that they would save time and indeed enable you to harvest the yeast but the price seems a wee bit steep for the time saved. A 6 gallon carboy might cost 1/5 the price.

Love the concept, but I'd get at least an 8gal capacity. That's not a bad price. If I didn't think I'd get thrown out of the house for doing it, I'd have seriously considered getting one.

Love the concept, but I'd get at least an 8gal capacity. That's not a bad price. If I didn't think I'd get thrown out of the house for doing it, I'd have seriously considered getting one.

Bing signal has it advantages :)

Why the 8 gallon over the 6.5? If it was for beer I could understand but it does not seem like wine has as robust fermentation as beer, so it would not need the extra headroom

Bing signal has it advantages :)

Why the 8 gallon over the 6.5? If it was for beer I could understand but it does not seem like wine has as robust fermentation as beer, so it would not need the extra headroom

If you're doing fresh grapes, or kits with grape packs, 6.5 gallons is a tight squeeze. I use an 8 gallon fermenter now, and have had plenty of grape skin kits that come to within an inch or two of the top.

Back