Confused in Kansas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a local Olive Garden that I frequent often. Every time I go there I give the wait staff and management a hard time (jokingly) about giving me a few of their empty bottles........... they won't do it!

I have dumpster dived there about 6 dozen times and not one bottle can be found in the dumpster, not even a broken one.......... What do they do with them?

Theyhaveto recycle them. Some places have told me that they could not think of any better way to recycle them than to give them to a wine maker. That way they would be recycled (reused ) over and over. Yet they can not give them away.
smiley7.gif
Save the world, Go Green, Use your brain!

Another way to collect empty wine bottles to reuse is
... drink wine!

Aside from dumpster diving, begging from friends, relatives or strangers who work in bars/restaurants, you can put out the word to everyone you know in the neighborhood or at work that you would like to collect their empty wine bottles... if you don't want to tell them it's for making wine, just say it's for a "craft" project.

Maybe one of us needs to get hired at Olive Garden. An insider to collect bottles.
smiley2.gif
I got a few leads from my freecycle post. I am going dumpster diving tomorrow.

The heck with that, then I have to deal with you people begging me for wine bottles!
smiley36.gif
Really, Id rather have side job at a winery or a bottle factory!

I can't even get my bottlesback from my friends. " Ohh !.....I forgot that you wanted the bottle back!!"

Rocky Top said:
I can't even get my bottlesback from my friends. " Ohh !.....I forgot that you wanted the bottle back!!"

I am surprised they did not return it asking for a refill. I had that happen with my homemade salsa. Or start charging $1.00 deposit for each bottle of wine.
smiley36.gif

I have started telling them that I only do refills. No bottle, no wine. It has not worked yet. They just beg for another bottle. When I bottle I have learned to use at least six bottles that I do not like. That way I can give away the ugly bottles.
smiley2.gif

I also do that Rocky, I get whatever bottles I can and out all the same bottles in boxes and all the strays in another and do as you do and put all the same on my racks.

Latest posts

Back