Cold Stabilization and pot BiCarb

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
My ph was 2.85 and TA 10. I added 30!grams of pot BiCarb to 6 gal. I then put it all into our refrigerator to cold stabilize. It been 48 hours and there is a lot of stuff on the bottom. Guessing tartrate crystals. How long should I CS? Was initially going to CS for 2 weeks.
Thanks

My ph was 2.85 and TA 10. I added 30!grams of pot BiCarb to 6 gal. I then put it all into our refrigerator to cold stabilize. It been 48 hours and there is a lot of stuff on the bottom. Guessing tartrate crystals. How long should I CS? Was initially going to CS for 2 weeks.
Thanks

You'll initially get some sediment dropout very soon after adding, just because you see fallout, don't assume CS is complete. Run a quick test to see the initial effects, checking your pH and TA. Assuming you haven't gotten to your pH/TA goals, follow the CS protocol you set for your wine.

My pH came in around 3.28 and my TA at 8.1 it's only been four days so I'm very happy with that. I will let it continue on until the two weeks is over.

Back