Cold crashing logistics

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmmii

Reaction score
So I had a white wine that wasn't clearing and put it in an old fridge to help it along. My problem is racking it off without disturbing anything. The carboy is too low for a gravity siphon to work and too high for the siphon to fit in it. Anyone have a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

If you had a vacuum pump, like the All in One , you could easily rack out of that carboy.

Failing that, I vote you move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter, and wrap a blanket around it. Then wait a couple of hours, and then rack. The blanket will keep it cold for a while while the sediment resettles.

(I don't think I have ever used the word "while" twice in succession before! :D )

If you had a vacuum pump, like the All in One , you could easily rack out of that carboy.

Failing that, I vote you move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter, and wrap a blanket around it. Then wait a couple of hours, and then rack. The blanket will keep it cold for a while while the sediment resettles.

(I don't think I have ever used the word "while" twice in succession before! :D )

Yeah I've been putting this off, seems like I can't live without it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back