CO2 protection

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, it just might be that "green thumb"...possible source of tanin maybe?
smiley2.gif

No, she did it just how she thought she should. Never measured anything. "A dash of this, a pinch of that." And it worked!

I sure miss my Grandma's cooking. She could make a mess of white beans, cornbread, and fried potatoes seem like a royal feast! My wife is pretty good at that too.

smiley30.gif

Country Wine said:
Entirely possible. I bet she was a nice lady.

smiley1.gif

She was, but I don't really remember her. I was 3 when she died. But the weird thing is, I have all sorts of mannerisms that she had, and there's no logical explanation for that. I say things the way she said them, and no one has ever said them to me. It's like she's sort of reincarnated in me. I also look and walk like her. It's even spooky to me.

Yes, how true that is.

I do remember her chocolate pudding though. I haven't tasted anything better since.

I would almost kill for chocolate pudding right now.

smiley7.gif
Edited by: Country Wine

Newbe question C02 is that what cause's the foam when you stir. I racked to secondary today and stirred it real good got a lot of foam.

????????????????????

Yes, you were forcing CO2 out of suspension, just like stirring or shaking pop, or beer, or champagne.

Keep stirring like that until you get no or very, very little foam, and then stir a little more.

smiley32.gif

It's the only part of winemaking that I absolutely hate.

The instructions say to leave alone for ten day will it hurt anything if I stir some more today or tomorrow? Also I belive I dranied to the secondary to fast I see a lot of sedement in the bottom of the carboy. Is this ok do I need to rack to another carboy once again if I go by the instructions I will be bottleing from the present carboy.
smiley5.gif

I may be trying to make this harder than it needs to be cause I have been reading about everyone making county wine and this is a kit.
smiley11.gif

Will try to chill I know this is my first but I still want it to be the best!
smiley2.gif

Rodd, you must get the CO2 out as much as possible if not now then when you add the finings. The finings have a harder time clearing the wine with too much CO2 present, so plan on stirring ALOT when you get to the next step in the instructions, stabilizing and fining.

Latest posts

Back