clubs/groups

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physics911

Reaction score
Can someone fill me in on wine making clubs/groups?
I'm sure they run the gambit; good and bad, fun and stoic.
I guess I'm looking for input on personal experiences and if one is worth seeking out or starting?

I'm in northern Illinois, in case there are any around here.

Thank you,
Chris

Depending on your proximity to Milwaukee I am a member of Wisconsin vintners association out of Milwaukee

If you don't find anything near you, I would encourage you to start one! The best thing in the world is to get a bunch of home winemakers together to share. Take the lead and do it.

I guess I'm looking for input on personal experiences and if one is worth seeking out or starting?

Thank you,
Chris

I know Steve from all in one is part of a "club" in northern il and they meet monthly in various places in the Northwest subs..maybe you should pm him

Thank you,
Chris

I was iffy about joining one a couple years back. You get out of them what you are willing o put into one. Like anything else. I belong to one in the Madison WI area. Great bunch of people. We have speakers,deals at the local homebrew shops, bulk juice buys, yearly winery bus tour, our own competition, vineyard tours, and a upick day at at a members vineyard in the fall. I would recommend seeking one out and giving it a try. I am glad I did. I have learned alot from some of the guys and find my self sharing info also now.

Chris
I sent you a PM

I also live in the northern IL and involved in a great wine group and friends because of that group,

I'm very jealous! Sure wish there was a club like that here in Alabama :-(

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Wine Groups are awesome. I live in Wilm. De. and we meet once a month at a host house (everyone brings a bottle of wine) Someone different each month. The great thing about this is we have 3 retired chemist whom are winemakers and the knowledge and support is endless! What is really nice is there are members who are not winemakers and each month at the host house they bring a store bought bottle of wine so we get to sample home made wine and some very nice store bought wine. It is a great social gathering and also just a fantastic group of people.

Latest posts

Back