clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieL

Junior
Reaction score
I bottled a MM Vinifera Noble kit in November and now it looks like there is some haze in the bottles. Can I empty these into a carboy and let it sit longer before bottling again? Will I need to add more Kmeta? I also just added some Kmeta to a wine I was about to bottle last night and now it looks cloudy and it didn't before I added it. How long should I let this sit and will I need to add more Kmeta before bottling again? HELP!
smiley19.gif

Laurie, I would not empty the bottles. Just let them sit. They may develop a little sediment, but you can get around that by decanting when you drink them.

As for the one not bottled yet, just give it some time to clear. You probably stirred up some sediment from the bottom of the carboy when you added the sulfite. You will not need to add more sulfite unless you leave it for 3 months. If you do let it bulk age that long I recommend you rack to another carboy before adding more (1/4 tsp) K-meta.

Latest posts

Back