Clear 12 oz. Corona Bottles...label remover

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoobVinter

Reaction score
So I just wanted to share this because I was in need of clear 12oz. Bottles that I could crimp. My two gallon batch of straight strawberry is clearing now, and in about a week I need about 24 bottles. I decided to buy a 24 count case of Corona, drink the lot, and strip the labels. I downed three of them tonight and started the striping process.

I put 1.5 quarts of hot water in a pitcher, added 10 capfuls of white vinegar, filled a rinsed corona bottle 3/4 with water and dropped it in. Two hours later I removed the bottle and scrubbed it with a sponge. Check it out.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1411434555.988137.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1411434573.481939.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1411434589.482703.jpg

So far it has worked really well in a short amount of time. The back label is completely gone, and the front is short to follow.

I know many of you already know this bit it's new to me, and I just wanted to share. All together it's cost me about $27, and I get 24 beers to drink and all the bottles! I don't think it's that bad.

Have a great night everyone, take care, good luck with your ferms!!

Rocco.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Don't mean to burst your bubble. Looks like your plan is working good! But I just got a few cases of modelo especial for my skeeter pee. Hot water is all it takes to remove the labels. ImageUploadedByWine Making1411440097.830126.jpg

I've been using CLR remover with Coronitas. Nice to have some small volume ~200mL for desert wines and lemoncello. The CLR is pretty nasty though. Have you tried straight vinegar, or longer 24 hr soak?

Cheers!

Straight corona bottles clean off pretty easy with straight lwhite vinegar. Corona extras seem to leave a little shadow of the origional printing. Arne.

But I just got a few cases of modelo especial for my skeeter pee.

Darn. I just bottled a batch of SP. I didn't think to put it in single serving beer bottles. Well, if I ever need the wine bottles, I know where to find them.

Don't mean to burst your bubble. Looks like your plan is working good! But I just got a few cases of modelo especial for my skeeter pee. Hot water is all it takes to remove the labels. View attachment 17957

Calvin! Haha, this is great news. I was hoping for a better method. The skeeter looks beautiful man, great job! Thanks for sharing man.

Straight corona bottles clean off pretty easy with straight lwhite vinegar. Corona extras seem to leave a little shadow of the origional printing. Arne.

Arne, you are right man, these bottles are leaving a very light image of the label after vinegar and scrubbing. I didn't know when I bought them. Live and learn. Calvin got really great results with ease using a different beer. I love this app and community. Everyone is so cool, everyday I learn something new.....thanks again everyone, have a great day take care. As always, best wishes to you and your ferms!

Rock

Darn. I just bottled a batch of SP. I didn't think to put it in single serving beer bottles. Well, if I ever need the wine bottles, I know where to find them.

Yeah man, crimp a single serve wine, chill, and pass them out! I love to share....now all I need is more friends. Lol

I've been using CLR remover with Coronitas. Nice to have some small volume ~200mL for desert wines and lemoncello. The CLR is pretty nasty though. Have you tried straight vinegar, or longer 24 hr soak?

Cheers!

No, this is the first time taking the labels off anything. I will try B-Brite cleaner with a 24 hour soak (1 tbl per gallon), and CLR next. I had my hand on CLR at Home Depot last night but put it back because I had vinegar at home.

That similar to the way I do it. I use straight vinegar in an old mayonnaise jar and just put the bottle in and put a weight on top, usually takes about 15 minutes and the label rinses right off.

Back