Cleaning freezer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

Reaction score
Hey there, I need to clean out the freezer and I have some fruit from last year and thought I would make a blend. I also have some bing cherry pie filling that I made up and froze. Anybody have any ideas as to whether I can use it for wine? I believe I put sugar and cornstarch in it. Also, what do ya think? Is a year too old?

Hey there, I need to clean out the freezer and I have some fruit from last year and thought I would make a blend. I also have some bing cherry pie filling that I made up and froze. Anybody have any ideas as to whether I can use it for wine? I believe I put sugar and cornstarch in it. Also, what do ya think? Is a year too old?

the fruit should be fine, the pie filling should be rinsed off, I'm not sure about the cornstarch it might cause a haze.

the fruit should be fine, the pie filling should be rinsed off, I'm not sure about the cornstarch it might cause a haze.

A haze, or the yeast might eat the starch!

She would need to add pectic enzyme anyway. A little extra could be in order.
I say time to research wines from fillings an/or jellies.

Thanks, I will rinse it off. I hate to waste the fruit. We didn't care for bing cherry pie.

Bing cherry pie isn't all that good but Bing Cherry Wine is awesome. :D

Back