Citrix Acid Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicol

Junior
Reaction score
Beginner alert!!
Just put a batch together with strawberry rhubarb wine and thought I had everything and well, I don’t.
Mixing all ingredient prior to fermentation and I’m missing the critic acid/wine acid. Can I still proceed or stop now? I should be getting the acid tomorrow evening before it is time for the yeast.
Attaching the recipe found online that I am following.
Thanks for the advise!

Attachments

• 8722E1F1-DCA0-4993-90DD-95FF5E0683CE.jpeg
    8722E1F1-DCA0-4993-90DD-95FF5E0683CE.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 18
Add your enzyme tonight or tomorrow morning. I think I have added citric acid right before yeast in fruit wines a few years ago with no issue, but maybe wait an hour for it to blend in a bit.

Just got my strawberry rhubarb wine transferred to the secondary. My SG is already at 1.000 but my recipe states it should not be done fermenting under airlock for several more weeks. Going to give it time and see what happens. I think it should have been transferred to the secondary more like day 2 or 3 from the primary, should ha r taken a earlier SG reading. Trying to decide where to go from here?

Leave it - you're fine. Time to ferment is variable & can go quickly sometimes. If it hit1.000 and you have it under airlock in the secondary, then you're right on track. Let it sit until you have a substantial accumulation of lees on the bottom - 10 days - 2 or 3 weeks, then rack again.

Latest posts

Back