WineXpert Chocolate Raspberry Port!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been doing only fresh juice and fruit for almost a year, but it just sounds too delicious to pass up!
smiley17.gif

I added the fpacks and stabilizers last weekend, into the home stretch on mine.... mmmmmmmm.... still have 8 bottles left from last year (I've been REALLY disciplined only got 13 bottles out of the batch when I bottled, too many samples last time). Well, it will be 7 - I have an IOU for one of them to deliver tonight.

Brewgrrrrl you won't be sorry for trying this one. :)

This will be my first kit wine in over a year, but it sounds like I've picked the right one - and my 3 gallon carboys have been feeling left out since I bottled that cranberry mead the other day...

Okay, got home last night and stirred the stuffings out of it!! It is popping this morning but no yeast foam on top. If it is making that popping sound, is that the yeasties doing their thing?? Smells delicious in there!!!

Joan,
Do I stir until I start getting that foamie stuff on top?? Or just the popping sounds??

Just stir like crazy, right now oxygen is a good thing and the popping sound means the yeast are munching. I wish I could try this kit, but its just not worth the chance of an allergic reaction. So I'll just enjoy it through all of you while I sip my OCP.
VC

Its a limited edition special order, I searched through FVWs and could not find it, so you would need to call George. However grapestompers seems to have some in stock.
VC

uavwmn said:
Joan,
Do I stir until I start getting that foamie stuff on top?? Or just the popping sounds??

You can't over stir it at this point so it's fine if it foams. Keep it warm too. You want to have the best possible environment for your yeastie buddies.

It is warm in the spare bedroom. It is doing alot of popping sounds but no foam. I will stir it again this morning.

The only foam I remember is when I stirred it. I don't think it ever had a cap but I can't remember to get up in the morning so I could be wrong. =)

Well, I started mine as soon as I got it! I had a few questions along the way, But I must say, this port turned out WONDERFUL! It tasted good right on bottling day. Got 26 350ml bottles out of the batch. Followed the instructions and formum suggestions to the tee and WOW, this is gonna big a real winner. Hate to give any away....although that is what it was originally intended for!
Next year I will order two. BUt from what I have heard on the blogs this year, it looks like the best thing to do with multiple kits is to not get in a big hurry and process them one at a time. Several of you seemed to have trouble with trying multiple batches of 6 gallons each.
All in all, I LUV mine and cannot wait to get to thewhite chocolate one. As soon as the orange chocolate one is available again, I will order it too!
smiley20.gif

Can someone post a photo of the finished product. (in a carboy or glass).
I have never seen the color of this stuff....

I don't have a photo but think...dark, deep, thick, darkest red you know. It is very difficult to see sediment in the bottom of the carboy or bottle. In a carboy it's pretty much black.

I have a friend coming over tonight and I will take a photo of it in a glass for you. (OK...any excuse to open a bottle!)
smiley4.gif

WOW... Thanks Waldo.

Joan, its still OK for you to open some... For pictures sake!!! HAHA

I did!!! I took pics, drank the port, and licked the glass. Waldo beat me to the picture posting!!

Joan, what you need is a bowl like this so you can open it up and get every drop.

20091108_151452_folding_bowls.jpg

Latest posts

Back