WineXpert Chocolate Raspberry Port Awesome directions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
I just wanted to say the WE Chocolate Raspberry Port had really nice directions. With the exception that there was nothing in the directions to say to stir daily while in primary.

Everything happened and was in the right SG range in the time frame they stated.

We did the k-meta, sorbate and fruit pack today. Now it is just time waiting to rack and bottle in about 14 days. Maybe a bit longer if the SG is not low enough.

Adding the f-pak today went a long way towards improving the taste.

We can not wait until we can actually drink it.

It's a great wine and you're going to love it!

I do believe you really didnt follow their directions and did it the WMT revised way which seems to get it done much better.

WMT revised way? I am confused Wade because other then not using a 3 gallon carboy, everything went according to directions, time wise. SG was 1.010 after we added the f-pak, right where it said it would be at 10 days and 1.000 for 2 days prior.

Did you add the sugar as they stated or did you slow feed it. The time frame oif thats what you mean can sometimes be right on but with most kits your wine will ferment faster then what they state.

No I took your advise and add the dextrose slowly over a few days. But I added it too slowly and had to add the majority of it on the last day because I could see the SG was changing and I would not have it all added by the time it was where it was supposed to be.

I am thinking, I may have been at the correct room temperature for it to go as it was supposed to go. I don't know what that temperature was though because I only checked it one time and don't know what it was nor did I write it down.

Back