Chitosan and Kieselsol Per Gallon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebusify

Reaction score
Since I'm not using a kit and I have 6 gallons almost fermented, I want to add Kieselsol and Chitosan. I have enough of it but I'm not exactly sure of the dosage. I'm reading that 6 gallons of wine needs 2 teaspoons of Kieselsol and 15 teaspoons of Chitosan. Does that sound about right?

You might just want to get a pack of "Super-Kleer Finings" from your local supply outlet. It has just the right amount of Chitosan and Kielselsol for a 6 gallon batch

Kieselsol is 15 ml for 6 gallons, added first. Chitosan is 75 ml for 6 gallons, added second an hour or more later. I bought the big bottles probably 3 years ago, they were combined about the cost of 5 packets. I'll probably toss them and buy more in another year or two. Cost is the main reason to buy in bulk. But do write the amount and what each is before the first use.

Since I'm not using a kit and I have 6 gallons almost fermented, I want to add Kieselsol and Chitosan. I have enough of it but I'm not exactly sure of the dosage. I'm reading that 6 gallons of wine needs 2 teaspoons of Kieselsol and 15 teaspoons of Chitosan. Does that sound about right?
I don’t remember where I got this from, but the source said it was on the label of the bottles. The min/max range for 6 gallons:
Kieselsol, 6.8-11.4 ml (~1.25 to 2.25 tsp)
Chitosan, 34-46 ml (~7 to 9 tsp).

I don’t remember where I got this from, but the source said it was on the label of the bottles. The min/max range for 6 gallons:
Kieselsol, 6.8-11.4 ml (~1.25 to 2.25 tsp)
Chitosan, 34-46 ml (~7 to 9 tsp).
That was me, I went through a battle with the stuff and discovered that labelling issue. Haven’t used the stuff since. I’ll see if I can dig up the old thread........... Look down to Post #7 in this thread: Chitosan Dosage for White Grape Wine

Latest posts

Back