Chilean Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevelaz

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyones wine, who did from juice from Chile this year, is coming along. The reason i ask is because mine is pretty darn good already. I just racked and took out the oak spirals i had in there for about 7-8 week. I was very surprised how good it is at this point. Started April 23 and used Bello juice (merlot). Last year it was no where as good at the same time!

I have a bucket of Merlot and one Malbec. I racked them last week and sampled both. Like you, I'm impressed at how they taste at this point. The Merlot is better.

Got three carbols cooking and the first rack tasted pretty good. I've got a sauvignon blanc,a syrah and a malbec. Haven't added the oak chips yet.

I got two Pinot Grigio juice buckets and a Pinot Noir bucket + lug of grapes this Spring from Harford Vineyards in MD. The PGs taste nice and zippy, just need to check the pH and TA and see if any adjustments are needed. Usually bottle those in early Fall (@ 6 mos). The PN MLF has been a pain but finally has appeared to finish. I plan on Kmeta and racking, then adding some fancy new French med+ oak sheres I just bought, that supposedly will slowly release their goodness over 12 months time. Plan on bottling that at around a year. Haven't tasted the PN lately, will do when I get around to racking it, hopefully this week. So far happy, like I was last year, they seem to get some pretty good quality grapes and juices.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back