CHILEAN JUICE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

Reaction score
I bought 6 gallons of Chilean juice. When I opened it the fermentation was started and pretty good. I took sg and was 1.050. The dealer said to add yeast . Is this the natural yeast working or may there be yeast added that he didn't know. Today sg is 1.042. Should I add yeast or just let it keep on working like it is ?

At this point Id let it go and its natural yeast. The reason I say this this that its already developed a bit of alc and that makes it harder for a new yeast to deal with. If you have a wine that is almost done fermenting and have the ability to use that yeast slurry then you might be try sulfiting this batch giving it a day to dissipate and then rack onto that slurry and that will get it ripping good but just sprinkling or even a starter at this point is risky. I say slurry(Yeast Cake) or leave it. If you do leave it and want this wine to go dru make sure you have very favorable conditions like temps around 75 and stir it near the end every day to get those yeast suspended.

Latest posts

Back