WineXpert Chilean Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horric29

Junior
Reaction score
Having a problem with the Chilean Chardonnay and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue... Recieved this as sort of a gift from a local retailer... (Wife bought me a gift card), followed all the steps per directions as I usually do with the WE kits and the SG came up way light. The recommended as with the Australian is 1.080 - 1.100 however, I'm sitting in 1.072 land. I didn't overfill with water or anything funny like that. Suggestions for a fix? I sent an email to WE describing the problem to see what they have to say.... In the end I guess its a few percent different in alcohol content but, I was hoping the style would at least be close.
smiley5.gif

How did you measure the addition of water as goingby the level on your primary bucket isnt accurate. I dont think thats much of a problem. Did you stir it really well with a drill mounted stirrer. If worst comes to worst you can add a little sugar to up it. Shouldnt take much.

Many of my Wine expert kits are slightly low. Could be I'm filling to the mark on my primary, I don't know but it has never resulted in any problems whatsoever.

I have gotten into that problem once or twice and checked volume using filled gallon containers and found out that a few of my primary buckets were close and a few were off. I think my ale buckets were the 1's that were off. Now i keep a gallon jug to add water and haven had a problem since.

Yea,
Just went through the standard with their customer support also... Used a drill stir as usual... Made sure the volume was at on 6 gallons according to my primary bucket... Ei Ei... Might have to add some sugar... I already added the yeast yesterday so if I'm going to do it, I should probably jump on it.... I hope I don't shock the yeast by adding more sugar and stirring it again... I've done quite a few of the WE kits and never run into this before... Usually the juice is on the upper end of their scale for me...

You can always wait until you have an active fermentation. then make sure your sugar addition is well dissolved and then go ahead and add it

Latest posts

Back