Cherry #2

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyguy65

Reaction score
We bottled our second batch of cherry last week and this is going to be a very nice batch. Our first was from whole cherries then this batch was from fresh pressed juice. Cherry #1 was left drier and Cherry #2 was sweetened upper Mrs. Chevy we left it sit a couple weeks before bottling and it was clear as water and a very nice deep Cherry color.Now if we can only leave it sit for 6-8 months before opening!!
smiley19.gif

20071210_085914_100_0936_Custom.JPG

20071210_085946_100_0937_Custom.JPG

We changed the name to TK Cellars.

Sounds really nice...Cherry wines are some I am looking forward to doing more of.

We liked our cherry wine from wild bush cherries as well as from store bought juice. I am sure your fresh real cherries made a wonderful wine.

Try to enjoy something else while your waiting.

Nice labels!!!!Edited by: Northern Winos

Chevy:
Nice labels... I am also waiting to start some cherry wine. I was able to pick up 2 lugs (40lbs) of cherries this past summer. they are waiting in my freezer. Northern have you steamed them? Last year I didn't....

Well they look awsome..I have a cherry wine that I made last year that is still sitting in the carboy! I am looking forward to that...
smiley17.gif

kutya said:
Chevy:
Nice labels... I am also waiting to start some cherry wine. I was able to pick up 2 lugs (40lbs) of cherries this past summer. they are waiting in my freezer. Northern have you steamed them? Last year I didn't....

I steamed Nanking Bush Cherries and Sand Cherries and they both worked out nice...The Nanking Cherry wine is awesome. Your cherry wine will be a good one whether you steam the cherries or not.

Theres just something about that cherry, always keep a batch going here it seems, make them low abv, Mrs. likes em that way...ok, I like 'em too! Labels look great!

Latest posts

Back