Chateau Michaelena Winery/San Acacia Cellars

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the ones I got from Sams Club. Is that where you got them?

I checked those out the other day. They only carry them online. When I clicked it it offered to have them shipped to the store for pickup. I tried that and it locked up the browser. I went back in and it said for order online only and shippin was about $40 so I figured I would wait a while and check further. How much does shipping generally run?

I love the looks of them and I think they would look good in the tasting room filled up for sale.

These racks are heavy. They do not cut a break its at least $40 or more each to ship
BUT, they are nice racks and you do not need to tie them to a wall

This is where us West coasters have it over you East coasters for once! These come out of California (just like oak barrels Al!)

My shipping is only $17!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif

appleman said:
I went back in and it said for order online only and shippin was about $40 so I figured I would wait a while and check further. How much does shipping generally run?

Made some improvements to the cellar/winery and thought I would share with you.

June is our hottest month typically with highs that can reach ~90-95 even here in the mountains. The monsoons usually start in July and run through August which keeps our temps down. If we don't get rain we get clouds most afternoons that keeps the temps in check. Since I had "the incident" a few weeks ago I decided to go ahead and get some temperature control/stabilization in the winery.......

I picked up a 5300BTU GE window unit from Samsclub this weekend and got it installed tonight. It is very quiet even on high plus it has a nice energy saver setting that will shut the whole fan and compressor off once the set temp is reached. A nice feature for a room that is unattended for long periods of time. Got things installed in preparation for what they say will be a scorcher weekend coming up. AC unit is working fine and cooling things down nicely. Installation took only a few hours and I can remove things in the Fall and button things back up once the temps drop come October.

20100602_224929_DSC02585.jpg

20100602_224947_DSC02584.jpg

20100602_225010_DSC02586.jpg

Along with the AC unit I have been updating and redecorating the winery to make it feel more like, well a winery I guess! Have been picking up some nice vineyard and winery prints off allposters.com. They have some nice stuff but kind of pricey. The small 8x11 prints were all things I found searching the internets and made prints here at the house. I think they turned out pretty nice and give the place a cozy "napa feel" to it while I am whiling away the hours.
smiley1.gif

Win a prize if you can guess all the vineyards and barrel rooms!

20100602_225452_DSC02588.jpg

20100602_225508_DSC02587.jpg

20100602_225521_DSC02589.jpg

OK, whats that alarm looking pad above the temp unit? Is that a bottle movement alarm?
smiley36.gif
I bet that room will be not so unattended anymore now that the ac unit is in there!
smiley1.gif

Ha!

Good catch but no, its just the water sprinkler timer.
smiley36.gif

Have a swamp cooler for the main house but the SWMBO is always saying she's COLD so I have to turn it off after an hour or so.......

I on the other hand am always up doing something and I am usually warm. My man cave has become much more inviting as of tonight!

Looks great Mike. I don't see serving glasses though......

Those barrel rooms and such are different views of your wine room! Now what do I win for the prize? I guessed and you didn't say anything about needing to be right!

Very nice room indeed
Maybe just the picture but is the window a/c unit tilted towards the interior and not the exterior?

Plenty of serving glasses around just don't leave them out as they would get broke fast the way I work.......

OK, you win 2 more bottles of "steak marinade"!
smiley36.gif

appleman said:
Looks great Mike. I don't see serving glasses though......

Those barrel rooms and such are different views of your wine room!  Now what do I win for the prize? I guessed and you didn't say anything about needing to be right!

Mike, Holy cow!! Your wine room is way cool! I was also thinking about the cigars. I often get pictures from All Posters for my wine labels. I see your robotic men in there but Will and Robot is missing from LIS.

Its slightly pointed down out the rear of the window. Pic hides it. It will be interesting to see if it ever drains any liquid out the back as our humidity is sooo low there is not moisture to pull out of the atmosphere (which is why swamp coolers work so well in these parts.) Right now our humidity is in the single digit range (<10%). Once monsoon season starts it can climb up to the 30-40% range so then I will be checking closely for drainage and adding more downward slope out the rear if necessary.

I checked last night around 10PM and it had shut itself off already and off still this AM. This morning it was 48 degrees but we should head up into the upper 80's this afternoon. Gotta love those 40 degree temp swings in the desert!
smiley36.gif

Scott said:
Very nice room indeed
 Maybe just the picture but is the window a/c unit tilted towards the interior and not the exterior?

Hmmm OK a cigar humidor is next!

I actually do have an almost 3ft remote controlled LIS Robot (B9) as well but he is in his box tucked away in the garage (he's pretty big!)

20100603_090611_b9bot.jpg

The 24" Robby is one of only 1000 made and was imported from Japan. Yea, I am a geek scifi fan at
smiley27.gif

I am in big trouble if SkyNet ever goes online and becomes self aware!
smiley5.gif

runningwolf said:
Mike, Holy cow!! Your wine room is way cool! I was also thinking about the cigars. I often get pictures from All Posters for my wine labels. I see your robotic men in there but Will and Robot is missing from LIS.

Latest posts

Back