WineXpert Chardonnay lovers...which kit to get?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winesnob

Reaction score
Sorry for this post because I know I posted this question somewhere else here, but I can't find it. I'm looking for a nice round, buttery with some oak. I know there is a French Chard, an Aussie chard (international), and many many others. Would I have to modify any of the kits (adding oak chips) to any of them to get the result?

thanks.

I have made the Australian Chardonnay- Passport Series. I found it to my liking. It does have some oak with it, but I added some of my homemade white oak strips. It gives it a pleasant vanilla-buttery flavor. I would suspect the higher end International Series would be even better.

The Luna Bianca comes with an F-pack of pure Chardonnay juiice and 4
packages of oak powder for the primary fermentation. You have the option
of aging with more oak, doing sur lies aging and batonage. The kit price
isn't bad.

Double dittos on the Luna Bianca. Had the chance to taste this wine while on travel in Ohio. Very oaky, very smooth. In fact my daughter is starting with this kit and she has promised me several bottles and that's the only reason I'm starting the Vieux Chateau instead of the Luna kit next week. Very nice white wine.
smiley9.gif

George sell's awe selection estate series Sonoma Valley Unwooded Charonnay which I made and I'am not much on white but it is always good to have around for the guest. The kit was great and it was drinkable fairly quick I think I open my first bottleafter letting it sit2 months after i bottle it, and it was pretty good.

Thanks Masta,
It looks like WE Estate Sonoma Dry Creek Valley is winner. I'll give that a try.

I used Grand Cru Pinot Chard that I got from Cabela's believe it or not
( Sorry George). It is tasting very nice after only 2 month in the
bottle.

Here's a picture of my Chardonnay Sonoma Dry Creek Valley in secondary. It looks yummy already.

2006-06-21_175317_Wine_002.jpg

Oh yeah, it tastes like the description, medium-full body, very round and tons of fruit. I can't wait until it matures.
smiley20.gif

Do I have a problem???

I'm 1 day away (due on Thursday) from racking my WE Sonoma Dry Creek
Chardonnay. When I added #2,3,and 4 (clearing agents), I stirred
up the lees really well for 2 minutes almost 8 days ago. It still
looks a bit cloudy. I'm heading out for a long weekend (gone
Fri-Sunday). Should I wait or rack it anyway? It's in my
basement at 65 degrees F. Here's a picture:

2006-07-05_185444_Chard_Clearing.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

The nice thing about having wines at that stage is you can wait to do stuff to them. Wait if you want, rack it if you want. personal I would wait a couple more weeks.

Just keep an ey on the lock and make sure it stays topped up. no oxygen
allowed and it will be fine. Just let it settle. I have waited 4 weeks
for some to clear and had no problem with final bottled wine. Just
because it says 4 or 6 weeks doesnt mean you cant take a little longer
with it. I usually go 6 weeks with the 4 week kits. Just want
clear bottles of wine.

Latest posts

Back