chambourcins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winointraining

Reaction score
Picked up 50lbs of chambourcin grapes today, they are resting nicely in a fermenter dreaming of the little yeasties to join them.

Glad for both of you. Chambourcin is a fantastic grape and I hope you guys do them proud!

Pictures would be nice! You did not really get them unless we see a picture!

l don't know about pic but my back is sore from destemming and crushing by hand. They were about 20 miles from the house . Just tasting the juice , it was wonderful , lot sweeter than the concord I got a couple weeks ago.

I'll get a pic when my granddaughter puts it on my puter tonite . You sure my back don't count? I know if I'm gonna do fresh grapes I'm gonna have to get me a crusher/ destemmer, or get me a more comfortable chair.

By all means, get a crusher/destemmer.

They may be expensive, but it will last a lifetime with the proper care.

I bought mine on 1995, and it is still going strong. I could not count how many tons of grapes the thing processed!

I came home from work today and punched a very small cap down. Time to check the SG. It was down to 1.002.my wide was irritated and said "crud, you are going to make me work tonight." Three hours later 25.5 gallons of chambourcin off the skins. And nobody needs to tell me the one needs topped off or into a smaller carboy. It elm be tomorrow. Here's pictures my wife took as we pressed.

ForumRunner_20130906_214335.jpg

ForumRunner_20130906_214354.png

ForumRunner_20130906_214402.png

ForumRunner_20130906_214409.png

good looking stuff what yeast did you go with.Wish you were close my chambourcins are ready to pick and I could use a partner.LCW

Oh that is beautiful! I'm so jealous. Keep us posted with pictures. I love watching the process.

CMason: if you took the first pics with an iPhone turned vertical in a certain direction, it loads horizontal. But... i have also had pictures that I rotated on my computer continue to load here the wrong way.
I dunno.. website or Steve Jobs' ghost?

Thanks for all the kind words. The proof will be in the tasting in about a year.

Yeast I used, Lavlin RC212.

iPhones are the spawn of the devil Apple empire and I have never and will never own one. I find Android to fit my tastes much better, oh and I write Android software, maybe that has something to do with my feelings on that. Maybe it does have something to do with the orientation of the phone, not for sure. I'll try to remember next time I take a picture and upload it.

Bottled my chambourcin today. Wound up with 22 bottles of wine resting up for a few months. It tasted wonderful, with some age it'll be killer.

Thanks for sharing. I love to see other peoples pictures of their process.

RR

Latest posts

Back