Cellarmasters 40th

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds cool.

Who are the judges - are they certified in any way?

Last edited:
Cellarmasters

CELLARMASTERSTHIS WILL BE THE FIRST CONPETITION I WILL ENTER THIS YEAR......................
1,COFFEE PORT
2,SANGIOVESE
3,ALMOND WINE

thanks Dave for the info.:db

The coffee port is a sure winner, Joe. Good luck---ziff yule need it! ;)

Folks I entered this competition for several years taking home golds and best of shows. Of all the competitions in the country this is the first one I would enter again if I was entering wines. Since I went professional I no longer enter. I not only entered their competition I joined their club for the newsletter. This club is a class act and the entry fees are reasonable. I absolutely endorse this competition!!!!!!!:try

wolfman

what would be the best categories:wy to enter the almond wine in and the coffee port in your oppion?

I see they have added more classes of wine this year, making it easier to classify your beverage.

Joe, if the almond wine is dry (I presume it is), it would fall under Class 4: Dry Other and letter 'c' (other). So, it should be labelled 4 - c - Almond.

The coffee port is an after dinner wine (aperitif), no? That's Class 7, and since it's made from grapes, it's subclass 'a'. So, label it as 7 - a - Coffee Port.

That should get them to where they belong. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I found it interesting that they group all kit/concentrate wines into one and not by the varietal. I've never entered any competition, is that normal?

Almond wine//coffee port

THE almond wine is definitely sweet, would you not to expect the coffee port to be a desert wine also? I'm confused just don't want to place it were it shouldn't be, what do you think?:slp

THE almond wine is definitely sweet, would you not to expect the coffee port to be a desert wine also? I'm confused just don't want to place it were it shouldn't be, what do you think?:slp

Ok, my mistake.

Sweet Almond Wine: 5 - f - Almond

The Dessert and Aperitif wines are in the same catagory, so keep it:
7 - a - Coffee Port

That should do it, Joe! Good luck, my friend!

On there way

SENT three off today hope these make it there in tact, almond wine,coffee port and sangiovese best of luck if your in also.:db

Last year this was the first competition I ever entered. Time flies. Guess I need to see what's on the shelf that...
A) is competition worthy
B) is still on the shelf

Seems most of the good ones have a habit of disappearing but I will find a few bottles to send in. Best of luck to all. I enjoyed the notes, medals, etc from last year and will be supporting this contest again.

FYI---Judging is this Saturday! The web site says the results will be posted "promptly".

I wonder how long that is! :ft

cellarmasters

ME TOO..................................:tz IT'S NOW THE 25TH.

Joe, you got two bronze medals for your sangiovese and coffee port! Congratulations! PLUS an honorable mention for the almond!

As for me, two entries and two silver medals! My Moonshiners Muscadine and Blues Brothers blueberry muscadine were all I entered and took the medals.

I didn't see other names I recognized on first perusal of the list but that doesn't mean we don't have winning members. I don't know everryone's last name. Going through it again now!

Congrats Y'all. Looks like I pulled a silver for my Mosti Renaissance Nero D'Avola. I am very proud, to me this one of the most challenging competitions.

Edit: I forgot that I also entered a RJS Valpolicella. Went back through the list to find it received a bronze. So that was two for two, silver and bronze.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back