Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Red Mountain Cab alternative?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a family friend who works for the parent co of, Vine co. Yes, RMC is done! The contract with the source expired and the vineyard owner did not want to renew, b/c he's going to bottle his own. Vine Co., couldn't guarantee the amounts needed from the immediate region, so they discontinued the label. Sonoma cab, was coming online regardless, but also as a backup if the, RMC deal completely fell through. I heard, Walla, Walla contract coming due soon, and apparently the whole region is on fire (no pun intended). I picked up, seven RMC's at a fire sale. Does anyone have any yeast or other suggestion for this one?

SEVEN! Now I'm really jealous. Personally, I wouldn't try to improve on them much, unless you have a barrel. They are pretty much great the way they are.

I just started a, Triumph and split into, two three gallon primaries, one with, BDX the other with, BM45. I have another, Triumph clearing split into, two three gallon carboys, one with, BDX and the other, MT yeast. Also clearing a, Walla Walla, split using, D254 and D80, plan to blend back into, six gallon carboy soon and free up, two three gallon carboys. Also just racked a, CC Petit Verdot using, Wyeast 4028 and 4267. I've just started experimenting with adding, tannins and looking to find a smaller version of the,Infusion Spirals, Bordeaux, Meritage, and Rhone blend systems for larger barrels and tanks to see what I can do on a smaller scale. Just trying to think of a plan or ideas for the, RMC's. Any thoughts?

http://www.infusionspiral.com/wine

I have a family friend who works for the parent co of, Vine co. Yes, RMC is done! The contract with the source expired and the vineyard owner did not want to renew, b/c he's going to bottle his own. Vine Co., couldn't guarantee the amounts needed from the immediate region, so they discontinued the label. Sonoma cab, was coming online regardless, but also as a backup if the, RMC deal completely fell through. I heard, Walla, Walla contract coming due soon, and apparently the whole region is on fire (no pun intended). I picked up, seven RMC's at a fire sale. Does anyone have any yeast or other suggestion for this one?

I'll trade you a yeast suggestion and $100 for one of those kits. :p

As was already suggested, RC212, D254. I'd also try BM4X4.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back