Cellar Craft Cellar Craft California Reserve Chardonnay?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJayman

Reaction score
Wanting to do a (non-oaked) chardonnay, and was curious what final experience any have had with this kit?

I know there is now a yakima kit in the showcase series, and I prefer Wash to Cal. wines, but both of these kits claim a "4" body and if there isn't a rampant difference would like to save a little money and apply it elsewhere on say a hearty red like the red mountain cab. Not looking to age it for a long time by any means as I need some chard 'quaffers' for summer.

I also know this is CC folder, but any "other" chard kits out there some might like in comparison to this CC Cal reserve is appreciated. I prefer the un-oaked types like Sonoma-Cutrer, and the Charles Smith offering out of Wash ("Blonde" or something...name escapes me?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think there will be much comparison to the Showcase level Yakima Chard. Its $40 less but its only 12L vs 18L for the Showcase. I have the Showcase Chard now clearing and I think its going to be awesome. Can't wait. I made the Mosti Renaissance Aussie Chard and it turned out great. It did take 9-12 months to really develop though IMHO. Was not an early drinker for sure.

If you can afford it go for the Showcase. It will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks...

Like the general law of more juice = better, I would also believe it better. I just wonder by how much. That and the fact cc themselves say they both will have a 4 body.

9 times out of 10 I'd go with the yakima showcase as I have been SO impressed over other brands. But two more factors, and upcoming 'hole' of available whites and the soon arrival of 2 LE Marsanne kits which will have about the same aging range of the yakima. They wouldn't go to waste:i but need to spread things out a bit.

The cal reserve must be popular as George is out so there is another cog....

Latest posts

Back