Celebrating our 39th Anniversary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Kat and I took off to the hills yesterday, "Travling Arkansas" in celebration of our 39th Anniversary which is today. We made our first stop at Harris Break lake

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

And then it was on to Mt. Magazin which is the highest spot in the Country between the Rocky Mtns and the Mississippi river.
IMG_1980.jpg

The weather was great for the trip and the view from the mountain top was beautiful.
IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

At the visitor center, they had a local nature display and hitory of the area which was quite informative and very well done.

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

While there, we had lunch at their retaurant and true as my friend at work had told me, the food was ecellent. You could have easily closed your eyes and imagined you were sitting at Mothers dinner table some 20 years ago. Yes, it was that good.

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

From there we drove toAltus and made a stop at Post Winery. Sampled a few of their wines, Muscadine, Syrah, Ports, Ives Noir and Zinfandeland headed home.

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Congrats on 39 years Waldo! looks like a great time. Was that lake flooded by lots of rain with that Pine tree submerged?

Great pictures Waldo. I feel like I was right there with you two all the time. What a great day you two must have had. Here's hoping today is just as good, and the next 39 are even better.

Congrats Mr & Mrs Waldo!
smiley32.gif
I hope you have many many more.

Oh and how was the wine?

Congratulations...Beautiful pictures of both of you and the scenery...

Thanks for sharing.

Your a lucky man Wade i couldnt find one to put up with me that long so im trying again.

Thats Waldo not me although Ive been married for 13 years now happily.

Congratulations Waldo and Kat.....Looks a very nice way to celebrate your anniversary....Best of luck and many more..

Thanks all...We sure enjoyed just being together for the day.

Wade....The lake is up about 2 ft from normal right now and the lakeused to befull of the cypresstrees such as the one shown in my picture. Therare still a few still standing but most have transformed into just stumps now. A great fishing lake though.

Swill..the wine was or shoul I say some of them were pretty good. They have one I particularly like. A semi sweet called Ives Noir. They also have a Shiraz that was pretty tasty

smiley20.gif
What a great looking couple!!!! I'm sure you two have had a great time together and many more in your future.

smiley36.gif
I just revisited this post and I had a sudden thought. If you have been married 39 years, your wife must have been about 11 years old when you married her! She doesn't look a day over 50! And you must have been about 16!

Barney, what kind of wine have you been drinking tonight? They had one of those marriages that was arranged at birth. They are both only 39, although Waldo is just a few minutes older-just like twins.

You know how they do it down South with marrying really young. Im just glad they are not brother and sister!
smiley36.gif

Wow, 39 years. That is quite and acomplishment today. I admire anyone who has a long and happy marriage. Congratulation you two.!!!!! Many more to come.

What a great place to visit, beautiful country!!!!

Ramona

Congrats Waldo
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="5" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="5" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">

Latest posts

Back