Cellar Craft CC Walla Walla Cabernet Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspang

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone made this kit lately? I have it going on day 4 and it seems to be really active. Looks great.

Yep,

Made it this past July. Its bulk aging and already taste so good its going to be hard to wait until next Summer. I will be racking off the Oak cubes this weekend. I also have the CC Red Mountain bulk aging as well. These two and gonna run neck and neck.

I'll have to put the Red Mountain on my list for a future batch, thanks.

I have this one in the carboy at 3 months old. Have either of you tasted a bottle in the past month?

Nope, Mine is not even 12 months old yet. Perhaps I will open one in August but that will be the earliest. Tasted great at bottling but I am waiting till its good and ready.
smiley1.gif

I added more oak to mine two weeks ago. Please fill us in when you taste yours in August.

Mine is just about a year old and I can say this is a wow wine. It is big fruit bomb in your face at this point. So far the best red kit I have made to date. Better then the CC Red Mount. cab kit I made.

I am down to about 18 bottles of this guy. Its about 18 mo old ATM. I would definitely make this one again.

Better than the RM Cab...... No way!
smiley36.gif

I made the Limited RM Cab. Not sure if they are different, but I think this one is better.

I am down to 9 bottles.....
smiley19.gif
I gave away almost a case probably this past year. Just had one last week as it turned 2 years old. Its fantastic for sure. I have batch number two in the Vadai barrel as I write. Its probably around 4 months old ATM so long way to go but I am tweaking it a bit this time around hoping for even more from it!

Latest posts

Back