Cellar Craft CC Showcase Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJB

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm back with another dumb question. Sorry...

I currently have 3 Showcase wines in production, and am thinking about bottling. Unlike the Sterling and lower-level CC kits, the Showcase kits come with labels - quite nice actually. Problem is, it is not obvious to me how to attach these - they do not appear to be peel-n-stick, and they do not appear to have gum on the back (I could be wrong here), so... what's the deal???

Can any of you experienced CC heads shed light?

thanks in advance

Bob

Pretty sure they are just peel and stick. Heavy backing that you should be able to just peel back. I will look closely at mine at lunch and get back to you.

I've done two Showcase kits in the past 4 months and one is aging in the carboy. There were no labels in my kits though.

"...I've done two Showcase kits in the past 4 months and one is aging in the carboy. There were no labels in my kits though...."

strange... i have 3 Showcase kits in production, and each came with 30 pairs of labels, one set which says "Showcase Collection", and another set with the name of the wine. Same appearance as the images in the Showcase printed catalog. They seem to be very light paper - as best i can tell they are not peel-n-stick.

BTW... how do you like the Rosso Fort? or have you tried it yet?
regards

Bob

RJB;113812i have 3 Showcase kits in production said:
On the Rosso Fort - I haven't tried it yet but I split the kit with my Brother and he has and said it was excellent already. Not even 6 months yet.

I got the kits at Northern Brewer. Maybe they negotiate a good price with CC and labels aren't included. It is odd.

Thanks for the replies folks, this is a very helpful forum.
Re the labels, I will use the sponge technology. I made a label template from a plastic pop bottle, real high-tech stuff. So... hopefully the labels will all line up fairly neatly.

Gotta put the Rosso Fort on the wish list, it gets good reviews. Once I free up some carboys. And some cash.
regards

Bob

Showcase Pinot Gris

On Friday I picked up my Showcase Pinot kit, and started it on Saturday. Fermentation started very slowly, nothing much happening all of Sat. Then around 3AM today (Monday) it woke me up - nothing wrong, just the yeast finally woke up, and started having fun in the night.

I digress... Once again, this kit arrived without labels, just like my previous SC kit (Rosso Forti). I read somewhere that CC is in process of changing their labels, so maybe this is part of the transition. I seem to recall i even saw some new CC labels somewhere on the web, and didn't much care for them.

Not that it matters, but does anyone have any updates on this?

thanks

Bob, Maple Valley, WA

yes, full name appears to be Showcase Yakima Pinot Gris. You must have quite the stockpile of CC labels =:O

thanks,
bob

I do. Got it. Can you PM your address again I had to delete that post as my inbox was full awhile back.

Robert J Bennett
20518 184th Ave SE
Renton
WA 98058

thanks again Mike, you're a great help.

I will drop them in the mail today. I have quite a few of them collected over the last 2 years now. Glad to see them put to good use!

Good going, I guess he's been trying for a while, finally made it.

Got the labels Mike. Thanks again for your help!
BTW... we threw a 65th wedding anniv party yesterday for my wife's folks. The guests got into my Amarone, declared it good, and proceeded to guzzle. Saw some of them sneaking off with a bottle. Fact is, that stuff is fantastic, gonna make another batch.

regards

Bob

Latest posts

Back