Cellar Craft CC Argentinean Malbec

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in DC this past July and ordered a Malbec. I fell in love with this wine.
Luckily I ordered the CC Argentina Malbec this past Fall from George and it is aging as we speak. I hope I can keep from opening a bottle before the year has ended.!!
smiley3.gif

uavwmn said:
I was in DC this past July and ordered a Malbec. I fell in love with this wine.

Luckily I ordered the CC Argentina Malbec this past Fall from George and it is aging as we speak. I hope I can keep from opening a bottle before the year has ended.!!
smiley3.gif
Absolutely, Positively, Worth waiting on. Made mine in Feb 2008, bulk aged 5 gallons it for 2 years and bottled a gallon. We opened a bottle the first of this month and I am so glad I waited.

vcasey said:
Absolutely, Positively, Worth waiting on. Made mine in Feb 2008, bulk aged 5 gallons it for 2 years and bottled a gallon. We opened a bottle the first of this month and I am so glad I waited.
When did you drink the last bottle of the separate gallon? If it was at 18 months, that would be very interesting that there would be a big improvement in those last 6 to 8 months!

v1rotate said:
vcasey said:
When did you drink the last bottle of the separate gallon? If it was at 18 months, that would be very interesting that there would be a big improvement in those last 6 to 8 months!

The very first bottle of that was opened a couple of weeks ago, at just over 2 years old, and I bottled the remaining 5 gallons the following weekend. I had small sips through out and it has improved a lot, but decided I would rather enjoy it in its prime so I practiced patience by making lots more wines so I would forget about this one. Very few of mine really get tasted before 18 months unless hubby finds them first or I make something that is an early drinker.

For those of you who like Malbec, but don't have any of your own ready to drink yet, make a visit to PF Chang's. That will get you by temporarily.

They have an Argentinean Malbec - Catena Zapata - Mendoza. It is really nice. If you like reds, but have never had a Malbec, you will likely enjoy this one.

I have ordered the CC Argentinean Malbec from George. I have heard nothing but good about this kit.

This thread is now three years old and I am hoping in resurrecting it someone will have some comments on how well it has aged.

My wife and I both really like Catena Zapata - Mendoza and I am curious how the CC Malbec compares with this commercial wine after a few years.

My local store can apparently order this kit so I am tempted, but a favorable review would tip the scales for me.

Bulk aged mine for the last 7 months and been in the bottle for a couple of months now, opened a bottle recently and it actually looks (dark), tastes (plums&currants) and feels (mouthfeel) just like a malbec should, it was be worth it. I did tweak it along the way with 4oz glycerin, RC212, & GC Tannin.

Latest posts

Back