Cayuga white wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently went to a winery here in CT and for the first time tasted Cayuga wine and really loved it..!!
It was semi-sweet.
Spoke to the owner and he said they have a process to stop fermentation when the sugar level is right for them.

For Cayuga, I don't recall seeing juice buckets or wine kits or even fresh grapes with this varietal.
Where to get them?

I'd like to make a small 5gal batch this fall and back sweeten a bit.

I recently went to a winery here in CT and for the first time tasted Cayuga wine and really loved it..!!
It was semi-sweet.
Spoke to the owner and he said they have a process to stop fermentation when the sugar level is right for them.

For Cayuga, I don't recall seeing juice buckets or wine kits or even fresh grapes with this varietal.
Where to get them?

I'd like to make a small 5gal batch this fall and back sweeten a bit.

You may have come to NY. Here in the finger lakes it is available no problem either as grapes from from local growers or Walker's by Lake Erie has juice and probably can ship for you.

Fulkersons Winery on Seneca Lake sells it. I won a silver medal with my Cayuga White last year.

I have bought Cayuga in New York along Lake Erie. It was a winery and not shipped in. Contact or look on line for wineries that may carry it.

Wineries run wine thru a filter (@ $10,000.00) to filter out yeast. For us we ferment dry then back sweeten after aging. Mine was probably 1.000 for a dry version and 1.005 for a semi dry batch.

Back