Catching Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zin is one of my favorites. If they were talking of a 60 gallon barrel it would be a great deal. Sounds like you all had fun, a get away always helps. We went to the spring barrel tasting in Washington,was that ever fun.

Jeff

What was that like Jeff, can't rightly recollect ever tasting of no barrels before.
smiley4.gif

So do the barrels taste differntly in the spring than they do in the summer, fall or winter? Or do you place the barrel in a spring- jump in and taste it there?
smiley36.gif

More catching up. I'm here at work for the 14th day straight. We're knee deep into our spring WTI class, which lasts til the end of April,but things have really slowed down so I'm bored. It's not that there's nothing to do. I have a whole list of tasks jotted down on a post-it note in front of me.But Ijustcan't seem to muster the energy or motivation to start anything new. It'll all have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow's a day off. Yippee!

So how about some news. Gina is doing much better! I'm not sure what's changed, but she's decided to take her life back and it's working. She's hasn't had a seizure in at least amonth, and she's falling much less. She's exercising, training the puppies, and she's even enrolled in college online working to finish her bachelors in nursing. She's like a new woman, determined to beat her illness or find a way to function in spite of it. Hooray for her!
smiley32.gif
She still can't drive, so her mom and stepdad have returned from Texas to help take care of her until this WTI class is over. Thanks God for wonderful parents.

Our son, David deployed to Afghanistan several weeks ago. We hear from him occasionally. I can tell it's really hard where he is, but he seems to be doing well. Our daughter, Karen is off on vacation in San Francisco with her husband, during his spring break. Thye both seem to be doing fine, and we can't wait to hear about their trip.

The wine puppies have really grown, and for their sakes, we've just had the back yeard re-landscaped, converting it from all rock to part grass and part rock. Just couldn't bear the thought of thier poor little paws burning on the rock in 115 degree heat this summer.

Speaking of summer, it's been nice and cool here for many weeks now. 50s at night and high 70s to low 80s during the day. This is the best time of year in this part of the country in my opinion. The citrus groves are all blooming so the air is constantly filled with perfume. The weather is nice, and... the snowbirds are leaving. Soon it'll just be the farm equipment I have to contend with on the roads and the Walmarts will be all but empty.
smiley36.gif

I am so glad to hear that Gina is doing much better. I have been wondering how she is doing, since we haven't had a report for some time. Please keep us posted more often as we are very concerned.
Weused to spend winters in AZ so I know what you mean about the traffic and Walmart after the "snowbirds" leave. Also I miss the Fry stores. They are well stocked stores.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad Gina is doing better! Im sure frame of mind is a big thing like with NW and you just have to get into that frame of mind to help get back your life no matter whats still wrong.

Latest posts

Back