Carboy Transport System........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlot

Junior
Reaction score
20070107_211857_Carboy_Roller.JPG

Pretty cool huh?

Is it an illusion, or did the wine foam up into the airlock when you moved it? Or you using Coke in the airlock?
smiley36.gif
Good idea though. Did you make that yourself?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

yeah, I'm an idiot - but....I have fixed the error of my ways - the airlock is now filled with pmb - thanks all for pointing that out - but, the point is - the dolly - the smart part, focus on the smart part of the picture....

way to go merlot. A buddy and me at work today were discussing this very same topic and as a matter of fact, he drew on paper what is described in your Picture. So Cool. PS your Kitchen is alomst Iditical as mine. White Tile floor and all. Also Wade has posted a very neat tool as well for lifting. Is this a Home made item or did you purchase. Thanks

Very impressive Merlot........Might just find there is a market for those. Not only for heavy carboys but it would be ideal for large house plants.

Waldo said:
Very impressive Merlot........Might just find there is a market for those. Not only for heavy carboys but it would be ideal for large house plants.

Waldo...they do sell those for large houseplants...some are steel...think they would hold a carboy...

I wonder if soft rubber tires could beusedso that it does not bump along as it rolled across the tile floor and shake up the wine? As some might have noticed(from my pictures that I posted) I have hard wood floor but my kitchen has thesame tiles as this one shown and the hard tires would shake up the wine.

Bigger wheels might take the shock out of crossing the grout lines...think bigger wheels would roll across carpet and other obstacles too...just my opinion...

[I use to push feed carts around in a barn and liked the bigger wheeled platforms...geeez...now that was another life]

Rubber wheels are even better, the soft ones, they dont get stuck on
any little pebbles but are more money. I've made a few carts at work
for all our woodworking clamps and tried to use the hard ones and they
wouldnt roll very well with a lot of weight, switched over and worked
like a champ!

Sure Enough - when we first thought of this idea, we were sure we would find something at Home Depot - but nothing - so we built one - cost $17. Today we went to Lowes, and we did find them in the garden area - several different types, plastic, iron and wood ranging in price from $9 to $20 - so, if you are looking for something like this - that's where you can get it!

Thanks for sharing but just remember, yours is not the same as anyone elses! Nothing like building your own whatever.

The wine is very good already. We did have this wine made about a year ago at one of those "you make your own" wine places - they actually did everything for us and charged us to watch
smiley13.gif
But, the wine is fabulous! Just had a bottle at Christmas time, and have two more I am saving for a little longer. That's why we choose the Luna Rossa, because we knew we liked it.

I kept one bottle for "tasting"(as you can see, I love my wine) when we bottled - It was very young and fruity, but I can tell it is going to be just as good as the first batch, even better though, because WE made it this time!

Thank you for all the pats on the back - I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes and I want to do better next time - there are a few flaws I want to correct with the corking and shrink wrapping - but, I am still very proud of my first attempt. Next time, I hope to have our custom label ready to go.

Latest posts

Back