Carboy Prices

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFC

Reaction score
Hi All - I just got a couple of 5 gallon carboys from LC cash and Carry in New Haven CT. Paid $23 each, cash only. I think this is a good price, if anyone in CT is looking they also have 6 gallons for $26 and they sell demijohns. They also have vacuum sealed K-meta for $1.50 per ounce. They really do not understand wine making with additives so don't ask (they called me a chemist) but I seriously don't think you can beat there prices.

What I thought was funny was that the Carboys are from Italy (Boxes are all in Italian) but on the bottom is says made in China. How much of that cost is shipping these things around.

This is something to be aware of with many items being made in China, are they chemically clean. We get toys that have lead in them, could there be any harmful ingredients in their glass that could give off fumes etc.?

Great price. Our cheapest ones here are 25 bucks.

I have no idea but they look like regular glass. I hope I do not have any problems with them.

Great Price! Other than occasionally on Amazon thats the best price I have seen. :try Why didn't we start this hobby a few years ago when new carboys were only $15.00.

Great Price! Other than occasionally on Amazon thats the best price I have seen. :try Why didn't we start this hobby a few years ago when new carboys were only $15.00.

I DID !
I paid about that for my 6-gal carboys "a long while ago". Then again I'm older than dirt

Thanks for informing us on this. Theres a place in Waterbury that is that cheap also and its run by a little old Italian lady. Its called International foods.

Hey, MFC - you wouldn't happen to be a Windows programmer, would you?

Back