Carboy covers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnmar

Reaction score
Had to show off the carboy covers my wife whipped up yesterday...Christy found this material in my mother's garage, who knows how long it'd been there, lol, My mother is 92 and hasn't sewn anything in 30-40 years. There was enough of the material to make 5 covers, I take this as a sign I need to get at least 2 more batches going pretty soon. She still needs drawstrings for 4. Notice the little velcro labels that can be removed or changed for each of the three I have going. She loves to make things, especially quilts so I expect I'll have some quilted ones somewhere in the future.

She's referring to these as Wine Chastity Belts...I have no idea why.

20110211_094159_Covers.jpg

Those would come in handy for me, when I am trying to cold stabilize in my garage. Some nights it get a little too cold, so the carboys need something wrapped around them so the cold can't get in as quickly. I'll wrap the carboys with blankets, hoping that will slow the cold until morning. It just doesn't work very well.

Hope you showed your appreciation for her hard work. Showing off her work is a good way to do that! She deserves it.

jnmar said:
She's referring to these as Wine Chastity Belts...I have no idea why.

You need to correct her - those are definitely "wine teddies"

Carboy covers look great.....Now you need to make your wife a really nice wine....

Latest posts

Back