Candy Cane wine Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a racking and filter last weekend I am happy to say that our Candy Cane wine is clear and bottled as of tonight. Vicki is still tweaking the labels but here is the preliminary prototype. Since it's kind of hard to read it says.

Merry Christmas
From Rick and Vicki
Don't drink and drive your sleigh

Candy Cane Wine.jpg

CaNdY cAnEs...what a bargain

I spent 99cents on 3 boxes of candy canes that held 22 canes each...these are the larger, hang on the tree canes....just perfect for a few gallons of CC wine. Also bought chocolate covered cherries (cordial type) and the new chocolate covered blueberries (cordial type)...paid 25 cents for a pound box of the cordials. :mny I love after Christmas shopping. Happy Holidays everyone.

Last edited:
candy cane wrappers

Whoever thought to wrap these things separately should be maimed, tortured and shot (not necessarily in that order).

Great find on the cordials. If I can find some, I'll try Jacks recent recipe for chocolate cherry cordial wine.

Whoever thought to wrap these things separately should be maimed, tortured and shot (not necessarily in that order).....

I hear ya! I would like to have a talk with the inventor of that wrap! :slp

Whoever thought to wrap these things separately should be maimed, tortured and shot (not necessarily in that order).

Great find on the cordials. If I can find some, I'll try Jacks recent recipe for chocolate cherry cordial wine.

:) I had more labor in that then anything else with that wine! What a PIA.

Well....LOL I ended up with 2054 candy canes but I can explain. ;) I was in the seasonal section minding my own business looking for peppermint candy canes, when I spotted Jelly Belly candy canes, Each box had 3 flavors Watermelon, Strawberry and mixed berry. Well the watermelon and mixed berry sounded really good so before I knew it I was doing the math 8), few minutes later I had 2- 48 box cases plus 6 boxes in my cart. Then I turned to leave, I swear I should have put on some horse blinders because then I wouldn't have seen the Hershey's Chocolate Mint Candy Canes!!!! A half of a case later I made it out of the seasonal section and then I remembered I didn't get any peppermint canes :tz a case of those later I am heading out the walmart door. But wait there's more... I stopped in at the Dollar Store to get some clearance ribbon to dress these bottles and baskets up next Christmas and they had candy canes for a .25 a box. Holy Moly as Jim Carrey would say, somebody stop me LMAO.

WOW!

You must kep us updated on these. Welcome to the OBSESSION! :sm

Oh Dear, you have been bitten by the same bug as the rest of us. It makes you wonder what other people are thinking when you make purchases like this. Maybe we'll see you in one of those "people at Walmart" video's. LOL

Thanks Tom, I will be sure to post my findings, if I have any fingers tips left to type with after peeling them.

Dan that would not be good! lol It would be funny, but not good :se but no stranger than buying 24 bottles of juice and 20 concentrates at once. For some reason cashiers think I am sick and need this much juice to get over a cold. LMAO

I scored 7 boxes of Hershey's Chocolate Peppermint Candy Canes at Wally world today. I am going to assume that I can follow the same recipe for regular candy cane wine, but add a touch of chocolate post fermentation.

Has anyone tried the Starburst candy canes or Lifesaver Candy canes as a wine? If so, can you enlighten as to the result??

Latest posts

Back