Can you ID this Manufacturer?

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
I was cruising Craigslist “for sale” section, with the search criteria of “wine” and this popped up:

IMG_0728.JPG

It’s a 4 gallon ratcheting press. Used twice. I did a little research and these typically go for $350-ish dollars new. Got it for $80. Yay me!

So anyone have an idea who makes this press?

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you were wearing a mask. That is a steal!

As far as the manufacturer is concerned, are there any markings on the legs. Be sure to look on the inside of the leg on the casting. My press is Beraducci Brothers from McKeesport, PA and their name is in the casting. It is a very old press, probably 80 years or so.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score

As far as the manufacturer is concerned, are there any markings on the legs. Be sure to look on the inside of the leg on the casting. My press is Beraducci Brothers from McKeesport, PA and their name is in the casting. It is a very old press, probably 80 years or so.
I looked. Didn’t see anything. Will look a little closer.

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I have one that looks exactly like that one, let me see if I still have the directions that came with it, but I probably don't, it is pretty much a use it like you think you might use it. Do you have a specific question about it???

I think this might be a link to the instructions for the one I have, I do know the manufactor is Weston and I did buy it at cabelas of all places.

https://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/westin_fruit_winepress_516701.pdf

Last edited:

Chuck E

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I was cruising Craigslist “for sale” section, with the search criteria of “wine” and this popped up:

View attachment 59052

It’s a 4 gallon ratcheting press. Used twice. I did a little research and these typically go for $350-ish dollars new. Got it for $80. Yay me!

Looks like a Weston. I have that one too. Got mine for $75 on Craigslist. I put a 5 gallon paint strainer bag inside to hold the pomace together.

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, misled you. It isn't the same as my Westin one. Mine doesn't have the ears on the outside. Sorry about that, yours does look just like the Marchisio.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score

I was born in McKeesport Hospital.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 59052

Very nice find Jim, what's the reason you want to know who made it, just curious?

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
Very nice find Jim, what's the reason you want to know who made it, just curious?
To get user manual, directions on use and cleaning... that sort of thing. I know I’ll need some additional blocks. Can get them at my lhbs.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
To get user manual, directions on use and cleaning... that sort of thing. I know I’ll need some additional blocks. Can get them at my lhbs.
For the additional blocks, just cut some 2" x 2" or 2" x 4". Works great.
For care and cleaning of the press, look on YouTube under "using and cleaning a wine press" and you will get more information than you will ever need (pictures too!).

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
I talked to my seller. She said she got it from Midwest and it’s likely a Westin.

Latest posts

Group Builder