Can I still make this work?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Sorry for hijacking the thread. But I think raspberry and lemon will be A+! :r

Thanks! Sorry for hijacking the thread. But I think raspberry and lemon will be A+! :r

I actually miscalculated a little bit. It went too fast. I pitched the yeast late 11-25 and it was down to 1.000 11-29. The fermentation really slowed down at that point. I wanted to keep it going strong until the pee was ready so I boiled about a cup of water and added a few TBSP of sugar to that, let it cool and added it to the raspberry. That got it going pretty well for the day I waited before I put it in the pee. About noon the day I added it into the pee, Arne suggested that I introduce some of the pee into the raspberry must. I called home and my wife was nice enough to do that for me. That turned out to be an excellent idea. When I got home it was bubbling away and later that night i dumped the whole thing in to the pee mix. After a few hours it took off and by the next day you can see from the pictures above, it was going very well!

I racked this back on 12-18 and added super clear. I liked the way Super Clear worked so much on my Chardonnay that I figured I'd use it on the Pee. It 's been almost a month and it was kinda clear but had a haze to it. I racked it off the sediment tonight and put in 3 tsp of Bentonite that I dissolved in about 2 cups of warm water. You really have to whip that stuff to dissolve that stuff and prevent a glob of mud. It looked like it did after the first racking then in about 10 minutes it looked like snow and after about 40 minutes it was clearer that before I racked it. Weird.

Snow stuff

IMG_1120 by mikez104, on Flickr

40 minutes later

IMG_1123s by mikez104, on Flickr

IMG_1124s by mikez104, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back