Can I freeze red grapes to make wine later?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloo

Reaction score
There was a special today and I grabbed about 10 pounds of grapes but I don't have an extra fermenter so I have to wait. Is it okay to freeze the grape for 1 week? Thanks and sorry if this was already asked I couldn't find an answer.

You can freeze them.

What kind of grapes are they?

10#'s seems a bit low if you are only doing a gallon - i would do more like 18#'s per gallon.

I sure hope so - I froze 135# of Chambourcin last year! ;-)

You can freeze them.

What kind of grapes are they?

10#'s seems a bit low if you are only doing a gallon - i would do more like 18#'s per gallon.

They are just red seedless grapes. I'm gonna have to get way more since I was planning a 5gallon batch. I might try a fruit blend. Any advice as to what would match well with it? Thanks

They are just red seedless grapes. I'm gonna have to get way more since I was planning a 5gallon batch. I might try a fruit blend. Any advice as to what would match well with it? Thanks

Honey?

Blackberry?

Elderberry?

Strawberry and raspberry also mix well. Or do a search for raisins to add body to a slightly thin wine.

Table grapes aren't known to make fantastic wine... but added to something else might work.

Debbie

10 lbs of red grapes aint bad for a gallon, a little short but not much as you ferment on the skins so you dont lose much, whites grapes need more as you crush and press in a very short time span and dont press them very hard or youll pull in too much tannins. Id say 12-14 for a red and 16-18 for a white approx. Thios also depends on the grape as some are smaller then others which means more skin and less meat inside.

hey I've made wine out of table grapes andf it was pretty good specially the black grapes

Thanks everyone I will keep all those tips in mind. I'm soo glad to have found this forum.

Latest posts

Back