Calories

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
OK since I never count calories I have a question.

Lets say you have a pale ale with low IBU's and another Pale ale with a high IBU. Will they have the same calories?

Don't know, are there calories in hops? But I do know that alcohol has calories in it and a higher alcohol dry wine could carry more calories than a lower alcohol sweet wine.

Don't know, are there calories in hops?

There are calories in everything digestible.

I would think the calories are more likely to come from the alcohol, and sugar than the hops

If anyone needs to know how many calories are in the wine they make do you think that you really need or want to know this info?

Hops wouldn't add an important amount of calories.

It'd matter more about the OG/FG of the two IPA's, how many calories they'd have.

Sugar is 4 calories per gram, Alcohol is 7 calories per gram.

Hops wouldn't add an important amount of calories.

It'd matter more about the OG/FG of the two IPA's, how many calories they'd have.

Sugar is 4 calories per gram, Alcohol is 7 calories per gram.

Maklore thanks for that info. :br Tom this is turning out to be a good post! :br

Julie,
It's something I always wanted to know. Then again with all the homebrew and wine I drink do I really need food??::

Julie,
It's something I always wanted to know. Then again with all the homebrew and wine I drink do I really need food??::

aaaaaaaaaaah.............................. I doubt it, :)

I use beertools.com online for my recipe creation of some beers.
it DOES tell me how many calories my finished beer has, and I can tell you an IPA is no where close to those 'Ultra' low carb beers out there like Michelobe and whatever those other BMC guys put out.

Back